Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Kim's PTE@PTE Investment

I took the PTE@PTE (Professional Training Ensemble) course during its first year in 2009. It provided excellent training and an opportunity to develop my skills under the expertise of working LOCAL professionals.  

As a teacher, mom, writer-performer-producer, actor...it was important that I find ways to network locally. 'Running-away-and-joining-the-circus' so to speak, has never been an option for me. But it has always been important for me to earn a living doing meaningful work, as well as find ways to express myself as a performer.  I think I've found a nice balance of day-job, home-life, and art-life. The lines are definitely beginning to blur, and sometimes my art-life makes up a portion of my paid work! 

Since 2009, I've written/performed/produced two, 5-Star Fringe productions: "Breast Friends" and "Stretchmarks"; performed in Theatre Incarnate's Churchill-Fest production "Far Away"; worked on Sarasvati's School Tour "No Offense"; been cast as a supporting actor in the indie film "On the Edge" and principal opposite Jennifer Connelly in the feature film "Cry Fly".  I've been cast in a commercial for lottery tickets, a few short indie films, and have auditioned for several theatre, film, and television/commercial projects.  I'm now an ACTRA-Apprentice union actor.

None of this would have happened without the networking, personal confidence, candid advice, and expert training that PTE@PTE provided.

It's definitely been worth the investment!  


Kim Zeglinski

No comments:

Post a Comment