Search This Blog

Monday, September 30, 2013

Who Hates Bill Pats? (not us)

I was asked to write for this blog a while ago.
Told I could promote my upcoming shows and if I wanted to, I could promote the PTE School, but I didn’t have to.

 I’ve struggled with what to write, I thought about looking through the blog at what other people had written but I was worried that would influence what I wrote too much and wouldn’t come across as genuine. So I decided to do what I was taught in Hope McIntyre’s writing class last year. Put pen to paper and just start writing. Don’t think. Just write. 

I’ve never considered myself a writer, even though I’ve somehow managed to write and perform 2 successful one-man Fringe shows. I’m currently working on a third for the 2014 Winnipeg Fringe Festival.  I’m also re-writing my first two “I Hate Bill Pats” shows into one and plan to take it on a Fringe tour it next summer, as well as performing it at the 2014 Winnipeg Comedy Festival.

 I am living my dream and PTE School is a huge part of that. Without their training and support none of this would be possible. If you’re looking to get into this crazy business or just looking for a creative outlet look no further. Sign up for a class at PTE. You can edit your writing and your life to death. Especially if you’re like me and never satisfied. Or you can leave it and move forward. Pen to paper. Don’t think.


Bill Pats 

No comments:

Post a Comment